Mr. Burnett's Notes
The Scarlet Letter
Who were the puritans?
Puritanism in New England
What is a Puritan?
- a Puritan on puritanism. John Geree's 1646 description of the essence of a Puritan.
Puritan Roots: A Brief Sketch of the Values of Puritanism
Anglicans, Puritans, and Quakers in Seventeenth-Century Newfoundland
- in-depth research by Hans Rollman.
Pilgrims and Puritans: Background
- considers both groups. Includes the Mayflower Compact, Thanksgiving and the Indians, and Salem witchcraft.
Puritan Confession of Faith, A
- includes all 31 chapters of the declaration of faith.
Anne Hutchinson: American Jezebel or Woman of Courage?
- research paper with annotated bibliography on a Puritan religious dissenter in colonial Massachusetts.
Encyclopedia of Politics and Religion, ed. Robert Wuthnow.
Comparison of definitions
Calvinism in New England Puritan Culture
Calvinism - From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
The Calvinist Corner
Calvinism - The Meaning And Uses of the Term
Perspectives on Neo-Puritanism - Editorials
The Rise of Neo-Puritanism in America
Two Views of Civil Government: Puritanism vs. Pietism
Puritanism, Statism and the Crusade against Smoking
Applying Models for Reformation: The United States in the 1990s
PAL: Perspectives in American Literature
- Outline format of Puritan beliefs, themes in writing, and legacy
Puritan beliefs and influence on early American literature
Puritan Meditation Tradition
Early American Captivity Narratives
Fire and Ice: Puritan and Reformed Writings
- intended to make available to a wider audience the writings of the Puritans, Scottish Divines and other Reformed authors.
Reformed & Puritan Christian Literature
- links to works arranged by author.
Richard Seltzer: Mercy, or A Puritan Revolutionary
- text of Seltzer's play about Mercy Otis Warren and General Johnny Burgoyne.
Grace Online Library
- articles from a Baptist, Reformed, and Puritan perspective.
Tyndale Theological Seminary
- strong systematic theology and deep Puritan related teaching of the truth.
Index to the Poetry of Anne Bradstreet
- from Fire and Ice: Puritan and Reformed Writings.
- a collection of writings from the last of the American Puritans.